July 3, 2009

The Pillow Project

This pillow started it all!
I blogged about it earlier in May, it is
made of flannel and fleece, it was so easy and fun,
soft and cuddly.
I thought.....it would be nice if every small child could
have one.

It didn't take long to make but if I was going to make them as
a gift to small children in need, I would have to
think of a faster and more economical
way of doing it.
So....I think these are just as cute and even more practical.

Each pillow case has a fleece signature heart applique on it.


The costly part of the pillow was the form, so I decided
to make my own. It turned out that this made it even
softer and more cuddly and cut the cost by so much I
could not even believe it....God is good!!!

If someone out there would like to help make these little pillow cases,
I will make the forms for them.
Make them from flannel in a child's theme.
You can make them any size but these are 10 1/2 x 16 finished.
I also made some measuring 14 x 18 for older children. The handy thing
about this larger size is that a pillow form can be purchased for these
if needed, it is a standard neck pillow size.
I hate to rush off now....but I have some sewing to do!!!!

No comments: